29.11.11

A Toast to Britt

If I could have everyone's attention for one minute, this will just take a second.
You don't know me but I'm the long-lost, adopted, son and brother to the Christians.
I'm asian, yes I know...No not stolen from Korea. I'm Chinese.
Although two years ago in Korea was where my sisters and I encountered the Christians, it seems like forever ago.
I think it was the bus ride from the airport, where Britt took a picture of me...Sleeping.
Yeah, creepy, I know!
And for some odd reason for my birthday, I came to Utah to celebrate Shaun's birthday.
It was here, that I met the warm-welcoming, loving, and caring Christian family.
Something I will forever remember.

What is family?
Some will say blood related people are family.
Others will say Friends, Pets, Communities make up the families we lack.
As one of my great heroes, Patrick Willis has said,
"Family is people who love you as much as you love them."
It's not the matter of the shared last name, or the same beliefs and hobbies.
Family is the description of people we will forever hold in our hearts,
Who will be there down the road in our memories, our moments,
Through the good and the bad.
You just know, it's family.
When the doors close out the world, family are the ones who will walk in.
It doesn't matter if we are blood related or only friends.
There is always room for family.

Weddings are always interesting, especially in the beginning.
When you first enter the church, you're supposed to pick a side.
Bride or groom, and you're supposed to sit on the correct side.
But I think I got it down. It's an understanding statement.
We have already accepted one of these two individuals into our family and into our lives.
Some of us are here because of the Bride, Brittney Christian.
Some of us are here because of the Groom, Brian Olsen.
I hope none of us are here for the free food...=]
Tonight, is a memory, living history, and historic night,
Of two individuals coming together forever as One.
Even though the day begins with us separated by Groom or Bride,
The night ends with both families, both friends and acquaintances,
Together, as one.
Now it is time to accept these two individuals both, into our families.
Whether we are a Christian or an Olsen,
We are here to share the bond, the love, and the forever matrimony between two people. Not one.

Let us raise our glasses in toast,
Not to the bride or the groom,
But to the forever, Bride and the Groom.
Who we welcome into our family, with open arms.
Brittney and Brian Olsen!



__________________________________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment