24.5.11

Dear Evelyn.

Dear Evelyn,

They say the best thing anyone can do regardless of their emotion is smile.
I remember the first time I ever met you, standing there looking lost.
You breathed, you looked, and you stood tall.
And without a peep, you peered my way and passed that pretty smile.
Til this day, I swear it was contagious. Til this day, I can still picture that smile.

As we began our long, adventurous conversation, a journey began.
A journey that seemed indefinite. A journey that lasted a lifetime, it seemed.
You were a ginger who dyed your hair brown.
Well-rounded curving stature with those big, gorgeous eyes.
In the winter they were green, while in the summer, they transformed blue.

Gosh, thinking about it now, it seemed like yesterday that we started dating.
You were getting out of that long-three year relationship.
I was on the move all the time and had no time for a relationship.
Ah relationship, the word we both described to each other as evil.
The word we both decided to pass up and settle for friends.

We would text each other while pre-occupied with our boring school lives.
We would call each other in between work or study breaks, just to see what was happening after.
Somehow, the only thing we did after the school, work, and study was hanging out.
Friends, huh? I don't remember the last time I had a friend like you.
It's funny how attraction is. Both sub-consciously and consciously.

I didn't know friends could talk so much about varies of topics.
I didn't know friends could act like they weren't attracted to each other ever.
I didn't know friends could go on dates, flirt, and still not say a word about it.
Friends who respected each other's opinions, Friends who knew each other's desires.
Looking back, It's a little funny how friends could be lovers and lovers couldn't be friends.

What about that time your ex called you on your birthday.
We had just gotten done with dinner with your parents and were talking outside Starbucks.
Having a good time, sipping on some coffee outside on the clear, starry-night.
Temperatures were in the seventies, yet you still wanted my coat.
And then the phone rang.

It was your ex calling to wish you a Happy Birthday.
In respect and privacy, I zoned out your voice and paid more attention to the stars.
It must've been longer than it seemed because all I remember was you slamming your phone on to the table.
The phone went flying, the drink almost spilling, and tears started falling.
That night, I learned for the first time, how to wipe your tears.

And then there was that one night. Yes, I remember that night clearly. Do you remember?
I came over to your house to watch that chick flick I didn't want to watch, and loved it.
And I wiped your tears because all you could do was cry because it was over.
Afterwards, you made us an ice cream sundae, which sucked because there was no root beer.
While you were in the kitchen, I looked under some papers to find a letter.

...To be Continued...



I have been keeping these feelings inside for such a long time my love.
I honestly do not know how to say all my feelings in words and thought it'd be better to write them out.
You know, vent, think, day dream, and of course write.
Write exactly what it is I feel, exactly what it is I want.
And in return, I only ask for your honesty.

The chance I am taking in telling you my emotions is high.
It could be me gaining a lover or losing my friend.
It could be the last of the worst, or the beginning of the best.
It could be the ending of something good, or starting of something great.
And each time after contemplating back and forth, I realize taking a risk is better
Than saying What If.

From the first time I ever saw you, I was speechless.
From the first time I ever met you, I thought you were the one.
From the first time I ever talked to you, I knew you were somebody great.
For the first time ever, I was enchanted to meet you.
And from every time after that, I remind myself of how lucky I am to have you here.

I've never had a friendship like yours my dear.
It is simply too complex to even begging to label our ship.
I just got out of a long relationship, and you just moved back to the area.
Somehow, someway, we both agreed what was worse for our interest, was better for our hearts.
But if that is the case, why does my heart skip a beat whenever I am with you.

I want you to know that,
This friendship is the best-worst thing that's ever happened.
This friendship is the best-worst thing that I've ever had.
This friendship is the best-worst thing that's ever been mine.
I know this might be a little too much and a little too deep.
But this is how I feel, and this is what I want.

What I want is you. What I want is you. What I want is you.
It's always has been you, from day one.
From day one, I was too stubborn to admit it.
From day one, I was too shy to confront it.
From day one, I didn't think I would have to chase it.

The minutes you spent teaching me the game of Baseball.
The hours you wasted taking me to find my favorite shoes.
The days you brought me food, or took me to get ice cream.
The nights you kept me from shedding my tears, listening about the Asshole.
And the months you always kept me smiling.

I'll forever be indebted, forever I'll be grateful.
Until you kick me to the curb, I will stay thankful.
I told you from day one, you're not cute, You're beautiful.
And if you take me by the hand, take me, my body, and my soul
Forever I'll be yours, Forever I'll never depart.
This is more than a friendship, this is more than just art.
I want you to accept me. I want to be yours. And I will give you my heart.
I will ride with you. I will die for you.
I will support you, I will cherish you.
Because baby, I do, I do.
I want to be with you.

To be Continued.

No comments:

Post a Comment