19.5.11

Go On Love

They say money can't buy your love, but it didn't say anything about time.
Everyday passes like there's something missing.
Everyday passes and I think there's something gone.
Stripped or stolen, lost never found,
It's the simple things in life we often forget,
Something so easy yet made so complicated.
It doesn't have to be this hard, but these obstacles become more than impossible.
Some of the things I wanna say aren't coming out right,
and I"m tripping over my words like I never thought I could think.

I can't back down but I'm losing so much time.
How many mountains must I climb, How many mountains can I move.
All it takes is both of us to be heart to heart,
And we'll make it greater, less apart
Is it too late, too late to be gone?
Maybe I should've missed my flight,
Maybe I should've stayed one more night.
Is it gone because we think it's over, or is it over because we think it's gone.

It's been awhile since we've last spoke,
We always seen eye to eye, how's your family doing?
It seems so empty without you, I never quite got used to it.
Do you ever think about me? Do your friends still tell you what to do?
Do you ever get homesick? I can't get used to it.
It's nothing I ever cared about, you're something I've always dreamed about
You used to be there for me all the time, and I was always glad to save you.
I always wanted to.
And without you, I feel incomplete.
It was always meant to be, but you always have the perfect words to say.
And though I hated you for doing so, I still think about you.
I want to need you and I know I miss you.
I forgive you.

Funny when you start to think, time flows faster than you blink.
We had a special thing, everything that's happened and all the feelings it brings.
Nothing's ever like it was.
Sweet like spinach, sour like candy.
I still think about you.
All I ever wanted was you, and you're still the one.
I know you see me right now, and know how it feels.
One look in your eyes and there's three little words that say it all.

Funny how I'm nervous still.
Could it be everything's by chance, or was everything meant to be.
I still can't walk away, not just yet.
You always kill me with the perfect things to say.
Every couple of months go and I won't face my mistakes.
Every couple of months I remind myself, I'll only crash and burn.
So as you turn and leave, let me say one last thing.

Go on love, Leave while there's still hope for escape.
Take what you can these days.
There's so much I had, so much regret.
There's so much more I should've done, so much more I could've done
And I loved you, and I should've said it.

No comments:

Post a Comment