21.10.09

Her and Me


I was on the field, on the sidelines
She was in the band, she plays the flute
I was hitting hard, tackling people
She was cheering hard, like a lunatic.

I brought her balloons, three of them
She gave me a hug, a long one
I gave her a silver bracelet, for a bargain
She gave me a kiss, on the cheek

I asked her out, like she’d say yes
She said yes, okay she did
Proms’ at 7, at a hotel
She’ll pick me up, I didn’t have a car

We went and danced, all night long
We also took pictures, 150 I paid anyway
We went to my house, no after party
We kissed in the car, Lips this time

She called the next day, I’m tired
She told me she had a great time, so did I
She wanted to tell me something, hmmm.
She just broke up with her boyfriend, this is not going to end well

We continue to talk for months, on the phone
Nothing was official, I wished it was
But I kept a distance, just to be safe
No sign of the other guy, thank God

The guy calls my cell phone, I wonder how
Told me I was a punk, you’re the one that lost
He told me he wants to fight me, oh great
He said stay away from my girl, I’m like ‘we’ll see’

I called her, she better pick up
I said the guy wants to fight me, I suck at punching
She said I fell for it, for what?
She used me to get to him, my mind is blown

She said thanks for being a fool, I sure was
She said she never liked me, ouch
The other guy was a better kisser, can’t confirm that
She said later loser, yeah I was

Three years later, like right now
She was dumped by that guy, for another girl
She came to me, why?
She wanted to be with me, like that’s original
She says, please say yes, really
I said no, later loser
-Bryant Calero, classmate.

No comments:

Post a Comment