22.4.09

NBA aWards




Okay , I know that the Rookie of the Year award and Defensive player of the Year award has already come out. I totally forgot of doing these predictions, but it's not like we couldn't see these two coming. First was Dwight Howard as Defensive player of the Year. Yes, I think we could all see that one coming. I think that one writer said it the best, "Blocks end almost every offensive possession. Defensive Rebound always end offensive possession.Dwight Howard led in Both." My second pick would've been Dwyane Wade of course. I agree that Lebron James is a beast and monster that nobody on any team would want to face. Even centers. But I think statistically Dwyane had a better season. He was second in steals at 2.19 a game, only losing to CP3. He also led all guards in blocks at 1.4 a game. Come to think about it, Lebron James averaged less in steals and blocks per game. He averaged 1.7 and 1.1 respectively, compared to D-Wade's 2.2 and 1.4.
Anyways, I guess it's who you wouldn't want to face in a match up one on one. Dwight is a monster. Lebron's a beast. Haha

Lets See. Rookie of the Year. Well who else would you pick? I am a Michael Beasely Fan, or simply a Heat fan. But I think Derrick Rose deserved this year's ROY. He's pretty much the leader on the Chicago Bulls team this year, leading them to the playoffs. He's their general on the court, and will be for many years. He probably had to go through more than most rookies with all the pressure being the first round pick # 1 pick overall.

6th Man Award.... My predictions for the sixth man award is probably a given like ROY. It's going to be Jason Terry from Dallas because he averaged a league high 19 ppg off the bench. Almost 20 ppg?! Man, that's more than half the people in the league's average. And at the end of the game, guess who was in.!? THE JET.. It's the best after he torches the other team with 3's, and then does his JET dance. haha But yeah, he's the main reason the Mavericks are in the playoff's this year, and not the number 8 seed.

Most Improved Player: My prediction for this is probably the second toughest next to MVP. There are such good candidates such as Devin Harris, Rajon Rondo, and Danny Granger. Danny Granger is the most likely, but I must say that Rajon Rondo is my top pick. I'm not a Granger fan, therefore I would secondly pick Devin Harris. He had a killer season as well. Either way, the two picks I choose have evidence on why they should win. Devin Harris had a breakout season which led to fantasy owners defeating me (surprisingly), with his FT Percentage, 3pt Made, points, and ASsists. Rajon Rondo on the other hand, should've been an All Star. He has picked up the most slack since KG went down from injury. He's doing it all on the court, having a couple tripple double's this season. Either way, It's a tough pick for me.

Coach of the Year : I would've chose differently than Mike Brown. I was thinking more like Rick Adelman, or Eric Spoelstra. Eric Spoelstra is a favorite for one, but also because it was his rookie season as a head coach, and also what he had to work with. I'm sure rookie and second year men would've just played a season for stats, with out winning or following exaclty what the coaches wanted. But he was able to lead the Heat to a 43-39 season, which was one win better then his mentor, Pat Riley. I choose Rick Adelman simply because he did a lot with less as well. He lost TmAC for like 60 games this season, but was still able to win. In the middle of the season, he was also able to trade his starting point guard, Rafer Alson, for Kyle Lowry. He also transformed Aaron Brooks into a starting guard, and keep Ron Artest out of the headlines.


MVP: I predict Lebron James will win. I disagree, but I guess it's because the award to me means the most valuable player to the team. If the player was taken off of the team, how good would the team do. To me, Dwyane Wade had the best invididual season out of Kobe and Lebron, and it led to a winning- playoff season in Miami. Everyone doubted Wade, and he took this fire and managed to average 30 ppg, 7.5 APg, 4.5 Rpg, 2.2 spg, and 1.4 bpg. He simply did more with less, and still led his team to a winning season. Not to bash on Kobe or LBJ cause they both had killer seasons. But I think their teams could still make the playoffs without them . To me, their teams are both playoff contending teams. Not as successful, but still contending. The Heat on the other hand, wouldn't have made it past 25 victory's without D Wade's help. Well either way, D-Wade's chances of winning MVP aren't that high. I think he has more chance of getting past the 1st round of the playoffs.

No comments:

Post a Comment