6.5.09

Round 2 playoffs


Done Series


Man have the NBA Playoffs sure heated up.  So my predictions are obviously not as correct as they could've been.  Cleveland went undefeated against the Pistons, ending the 6 year Conference Finals Appearances for them.  San Antonio lost to Dallas in 5, but I suppose it was predictable knowing that Manu wasn't going to be participating in the playoffs.  Yeah, I didn't know that, or else I think i would've picked Dallas.  San Antonio isn't really any offensive threat besides Tony Parker and Tim Duncan.  Tony Parker had 31 in one half though, which was kinda tite.  Too bad they still lost.  Kobe Bryant and the Lakers proceeded, who would've doubted..They got my predictions right. haha New Orleans has failed me, making my second wrong pick... I guess I underrated the Birdman, Big Shot Billups, JR Smith, and Carmelo.  I think the huge X factors for them is the Birdman and JR.  Stop them, and I think you have a good shot in winning the series.   


Denver Vs Dallas.  That's an interesting match up, but I don't think Dallas will do very good against the heavily stacked and experienced Nuggets.  Besides playing in Mile High Denver, the Nuggets have a better chemistry than the Mavs.  Chauncey Billups seems to be the factor in this game, as he and Jason Kidd go at it for the 100th time.  Both are extremely gifted and well experienced point guards that have different games.  If put together, I'd say they'd be the ultimate point guard.  Clutch shooter, great passer with a basketball IQ of 1000.  This series will be a good one, but I think Denver in possibly 6.  Sorry, I've never supported Dirk Nowitzki or Mark Cuban..



Man can you believe the Rockets finally made it out of the first round? The funny thing is that it's a "TMAC" to be stuck in the first round.. Ironic thing is that Tmac got out of the first round, and he didn't even play.  Hmmm that says something about TMAc or it's just the luck of the straw.  Anyways, the series is over and I'm sure Portland will be fighting next year.  They're probably really disappointed in themselves saying they had home court advantage at the number 4 seed.  I can't believe Ron Artest said Brandon Roy is the hardest guy to guard in the NBA, even including Lebron, Dwyane, and Kobe.  Kinda funny, but then again, Ron Ron is always saying something stupid.  Anyways, now it's the Rockets Vs the Lakers.  

So since Ron Ron's quote about Brandon Roy, it seems to be an "easier" match up for Artest.  Maybe it's cause Brandon Roy is young and more athletic, running a lot more than Kobe.  But either way, he's gonna have to guard Kobe now.  We'll be sure to listen for new quotes from Ron Ron about how unguardable Kobe is. I think it's because Ron Ron underestimated the quickness and overall game of Brandon Roy.  I know we all have.  Especially since Ron Ron has played Kobe way more times than Roy.  Anyways, this match up will be a great one, but I see the Rockets falling short because the lack of firepower they have.  Like 2k9, I see the match up of the Lakers vs anyone is almost unfair. Their bench is so deep, it reminds me of the Kings in 2004.  Yeah that bench was super deep.  Remember when we had, Hedo, Bobby J, Gerald Wallace, Keon Clark, Anthony Peeler, Jimmy Jackson, and I dunno.  Basically our bench could've been the starting line up.  This year, Shannon Brown has stepped up.  Vujachic is a pure shooter when he's hot.  Powell has strength in rebounding, Farmar is an extremely quick point guard.  And Lamar Odom or Andrew Bynum off the bench.  Man that's deep.  I say Lakers in 6 especially since Yao Ming will have a handful with three different type of bigs.  Maybe if they had TMAC it'd be a great matchup, but then again, maybe the Rockets are better without em.  


Boston and the Magic.. Well I guess the best playoff series in history was in the first round, so it's hard to say if it'll get any better in this series.  Of course the Magic are a 3 point shooting team that relies on mostly perimeter shots.  Like all season, if the shots ain't fallin, they ain't winnin.  The Celtics on the other hand, might be too tired to compete with such a run and gun offense.  I know that they're struggling a little bit too on the offensive side with little help outside Paul "the Truth" Pierce, and Ray Allen.  Eddie House needs to step up, alongside of Mikki Moore and Stephon Marbury.  Big Baby Davis and Kendrick Perkins are also a great one two punch to contain Dwight Howard, but foul trouble will be an issue.  Courtney Lee will be a factor if he comes back from his sinus injury caused by Dwight Howard in the Philly Matchup.  Another key factor is if Dwight stops throwin Bow's against the opponents and teammates.  I know everyone wants him to play like Shaq, but that one elbow against Samuel Dalembert was just wrong.  Anyways, this will be a good match up, but I see the Celtics on top in possibly 6 or 7.  Funny, all the second round series are six or seven games.  Except.....


The Hawks and Cavs.  Hmm I'm disappointed that my rookies on the Heat couldn't help Dwade and Udonis in game 7.  So with the Hawks playing the Cavs, I see this ending in a hurry.  Maybe the home crowd will give the Hawks a boost, but then again, the Cavs home crowd gives the Cavs a 2-0 start.  I think the Cavs are very deep and have exceptionally well chemistry.  The Hawks don't have home court advantage so if they don't win in Cleveland, game over.  I don't even see it getting that far though, saying the Cavs have the MVP Lebron James.  Yeah, unfortunately Lebron will take the MVP this year instead of Dwade, but props to him cause he had a great year as well.  Lebron is everything to the Cavs like DWADE so it's gonna be tough for the Hawks to stop him.  Josh Smith is the only one on the Hawks that can stop LBJ because he has the athleticism and body to keep up with Lebron.  But even if he stops Lebron from scoring, Lebron is such a quick big man and passer that it'll be hard to stop his penetration and dish.  Also Lebron is so smart that he knows where the open man is at all times when he's doubled.  Josh Smith couldn't even guard Dwade, so I can't possibly see Josh Smith stopping LBJ for four games let alone one.  Anyways, I say Cavs in 4.. or 5.  Either way, Hawks have no chance... Kinda like how the Rockets have no chance against Kobe. .  

No comments:

Post a Comment