16.4.09

The NBA playoffs!





Ah yes! It’s the middle of April.! And guess what that means…no no no.. Schools not out. Almost, but not quite. It means taxes are over and it’s time for the NBA Playoffs! Yezzir! Lets start with the Eastern Conference since I’m on the side of the coast. East.

First match up is Cleveland Vs Detroit. I would like to think that Detroit has the talent and capabilities of upsetting the Cleveland Cavaliers, but in order to do so, they’re going to need two-road victories. This season, the Cavaliers were an astonishing 39-2 at home, meaning the Pistons will have to upset the Cavaliers not once, but twice since they’re the 8th seed. It’ll be hard to say whether or not the Pistons will show up and play this weekend. And even so, it’s doubtful that Allen Iverson will play. Even so, it’ll cause uncomfortable chemistry within the team, so I say he’s out. I’m not the biggest Lebron James fan, but that man is simply a beast. I think he’ll do whatever it takes to get to the Finals this year, and I wouldn’t be shocked if he has one of the biggest post season outbursts. Cleveland 4-0

Second Match up is Boston and Chicago. I don’t think Boston will go seven games like they did last year. I doubt they’ll even go six. I am confidently saying the Boston Celtics will come back to post season form from last year, with KG coming back from his injury. It might hurt the chemistry, and it might cause some discomfort with the rotation, but I think it’s safe to say that the Bulls won’t be an upset. Celtics 4-1.

Third Match up is Orlando and Philadelphia. I think to me it’s a rare surprise that Philadelphia is the 6th seed. I’ve seen the team play live this year, and I can say that they’ll go as far as the Andre’s take them. Yes, Miller and Iguodala. I think they will be an early exit though against the Magic, simply because they can’t compete with Dwight Howard and the 3’s. Stan Van Gundy is a veteran post-season coach, so I think that will have a lot of effect on the outcome. Orlando 4-0

Fourth Match up is Atlanta and Miami. This is probably the best match up I’m excited to watch. Dwyane Wade is my boy, and I believe he has more in his closet. All year long, the Miami Heat have been doubted. And thus far, they’ve proven they can play. And I know that people believe shutting down Dwyane Wade will shut down the whole team. But Dwyane Wade is so good that even if you try to shut him down, he can simply contribute with the assists, steals, and blocks. I think he’ll have an exceptionally great post season this year because this is his comeback season from all the injury and doubters. Wade loves to be the underdog, so don’t be shocked when I say. Heat 4-2.

Western Conference- This conference maybe the hardest postseason to predict because the records were so close that each and every playoff team beside the Lakers had to play to the end to get seeded. I think this postseason, higher seeds have higher potential of winning.

First Match up is the La Lakers Vs Utah. This is like the Cleveland –Detroit Match up. The Jazz have the potential and talent of upsetting the Lakers. They have AK 47, Deron Williams, Carlos Boozer, and Mehmet Okur to match up with Lamar Odom, Pau Gasol, and Andrew Bynum. The only left out man is Kobe Bryant, one of the best in the Game. They also have a veteran head coach, Jerry Sloan. But it’s going to take a lot of hot hands and effort to upset this Lakers team. Kobe is very hungry to get back to the Finals this year. They also have one of the more talented rosters and good court chemistry this year. I really don’t favor the Lakers, but I think they won’t allow an upset. Lakers 4-1

Second Match up is Denver and New Orleans. Who would have ever thought Denver would’ve been second. Those who believed in Chauncey “Big Shot” Billups did. This match up will be a good one, with the results being simply unpredictable. I wouldn’t be surprised if either team won. It comes down to who wants it more, and who has the hotter hand. J.R Smith is simply a pure shooter who can shoot lights out. I don’t see anyone on the Hornets stopping him or Camelo. But like the Nuggets, the Hornets have some pure shooters as well. It matters if Peja and James Posey come to play or not. And it also matters if Tyson Chandler is healthy. I am a huge CP3 fan so I’m gonna have to go with the Hornets. Hornets 4-2

Third Match up is San Antonio Vs Dallas. This match up is kind of up in the air too. I know that both of these teams are the older ones that have been in the playoffs for consecutive years. The underdog is Dallas, although I’m not a fan. I still think the Spurs are deeper and better overall. I say the leadership of Tony Parker and Tim Duncan, along with their experience will lead them far. Manu Ginobli and his health is key vs Jason Terry and the Dallas bench. I guess overall, it just depends on whose bench plays better. This is the 6th man match up. San Antonio 4-1

Fourth Match up is Portland Vs Houston. This is a match up that is simply about who has the hot hand. Portland is a very young team with little playoff experience. Brandon Roy is the leader of this group, so however far he takes them is how far they’ll go. If he has off games, Lamarcus Aldridge can score. But remember, Houston is a defensive nightmare with Yao in the middle, Ron Artest and Shane Battier on the perimeter. But on the opposite, the Rockets have little offensive game even with the help of Rick Adelman. I’d say that if Yao Ming is taken out of the team, it’s hard to say how much Ron Artest can do. But then again, Ron Ron is a fighter, and he’s gonna go down swinging. I hope he enjoyed me serving that sushi to him back in Sacramento, and hope that it’ll take him further than the first round. Rockets 4-2.

This weekend, the playoff’s are underway. It was fun watching March Madness this year for the very first time in my life. College play is fun, but I’m more of an NBA guy. So this postseason will be very enjoyable for me. Dwyane Wade and Cp3 are both back in the playoffs, so I’ll be watching them the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment