27.6.11

If she told me to Stay, that's Why I'm Leaving.

Frost is building up on her windshield,
She stands in front of me, tears in her eyes.
I look deep down into her eyes and wish.
If she told me to stay, I would stay.
But things don't always work how we want them.
Every time I start or try to start something,
She stops me.
It's not because she doesn't like me
It's because she still loves him.
And every time she gets over him, he reels her back in.
And every time It always comes back to her.
I pause, I wait, and I listen.
Her silence speaks everything I predicted.
Tears of rejection, eyes of sadness, and words with no definition.
This will be the last time I run in this circle,
This will be the last time she has me all to herself.
It's amazing how she can be everything to me
But I am only so much to her.
I could be everything she's ever wanted.
Only if she wanted.
How many times can I break before I shatter.
After a year seems long enough.
We already know how this one ends,
The same way it's end the last four times.
Words go unsaid, actions are left with desire.
Moments of silence last several months
I am left with wishes and desires
She is left with one less nobody.
Maybe one day she'll grow up
Maybe one day I'll move on.
One last hug for the holding.
One last sour, peck, on the cheek.
Read my mind and just kiss me.
Kiss me already because I know you want to.
Kiss me and tell me you want me to stay.
If she told me to stay, I wouldn't be leaving.
If she told me to stay- That's why I'm leaving.

1 comment:

  1. omg is this real life? anyway . . . it doesn't pull me as much emotionally as a previous post did, but i can't really tell why. it might just be certain word choices here or there. there are some good parts where it flows really well though, but i think i would need it to be spoken to me for a bigger impact . . . also . . .the music that came on when i was reading it threw me off a little . . . that's all

    dw

    ReplyDelete