10.1.11

I was Born a Christian


Oh my Christian!
I can’t believe I forgot about my long lost Christian Family!  I feel terrible so this post is going to them.  All of them! All 302 of them.   I might be a little off on that, but it’s probably around there. Haha
Anyways, this past summer on my trip to South Korea with fellow student Peace Makers, I met the Christian family from Utah.  I met Brittney and Shaun Christian.  These two were the coolest kids in the entire program besides me and my family.  Haha JK, We were all pretty cool kids.  But Shaun and Brittney stood out the most, in a good way. The first time I saw Brittney and Shaun, they were sitting together on the bus on the trip into Seoul.  Brittney said to me, “Do you want to take a picture out of this window?”  I replied, “No,” and that was it. 
For the first couple of days, I was a quiet fella just mindin’ his own business.   It wasn’t until the night we had free time to eat wherever we wanted.  It was my roomie, Andrew, Jessica, Ryan, Shaun, and Brittney.  We walked looking for American food, darn white people! Haha We stumbled upon Dominoes and ordered pizza.  The time we had that night started our from then until the rest of the trip.  When we returned home, we exchanged numbers and Facebook info. 
The entire Christian family is a wonderful family.  Jessica, Ryan, and Scott are also apart of the Christian family.  Both Brittney and Shaun remained in contact the most after the trip.  Whether it was every Sunday texts or phone calls, we talked about life issues, our friendship, and the Korea Trip.  We all wished we could go back. 
At the end of October, for Shaun and my birthday, I reunited with my long last family.  I went to Utah to meet more Christians including the Ma and Pa of Brittney and Shaun.  I also met the youngest Christian of the family, Jacob.  The time was very memorable and home-feeling.  They gave my sister and I very great food and hospitality for the entire weekend.  The Christians gave us great laughs and great times. 
This post is dedicated to them because I somehow forgot to write thanks to them at the end of the New Years.  I swear I wrote something but when I was looking for it, I couldn’t find it.  But here it goes.
Brittney, you are a creeper!  You hecka took pictures of me from afar when we didn’t even meet each other!  haha. I’m glad you did though.  It is something crazy to laugh about.  We had our great times in South Korea and Utah.  I’m glad we kept in touch all this time.  I miss you so much!   When I was lonely or feeling depressed you were always there to encourage me  on better things.  You are a very sweet and kind person on a different level than the rest of the world.   You put everyone else first before yourself, which is a very admirable trait.  We have lots of similarities on different things.  But we also have very many differences we argue about, which makes our conversations fun.  I’m so glad we continue to talk until today!
Shaun, oh Shaun.  You are a funny kid.  I still can’t believe your 19! I thought you were like, 20 at least.  You are very mature for your age…Sometimes.. haha I’m glad that you and I have kept our talks too.  You are a very cool guy who follows your heart.  Without our talks or times, things could’ve got very boring with Brittney…jk. But seriously, we had some good talks as well.. Mostly on Taylor Swift and other women.. Or your 2 year thing =/  I’m so happy you’re finally getting to do your thing after 18 years of waiting.  I know you’re going to do great.  Your presence will impact hundreds of people down south.  We will continue to talk throughout our lives as well, even if I have to write you LETTERS!
Jacob.  Jacob, Jacob Jacob.  Where do I start with you kid.?  How about WILLIAMS! Hahahaha.  Williams, my oh my how that guy burned you so MANY times.  I hope you’ve been practicing. Haha.  Anyways, I’m sad that you weren’t able to attend the South Korea Trip.  Especially since your cousin, Ryan was able to.  Well I guess he was a little older.  But then again, it was so nice to meet you when I came to Utah.  You are a very smart kid when it comes to life.  Maybe that’s how you Christians are… Anywho, I know you are in good hands following your entire family’s footsteps.  They are great people and thus believe, their knowledge supersedes whatever I have taught you.  Haha, although that night by the campfire was nice to read to you kids.  I will continue to wait for your texts.. You kind of died off with those =[  Anyways good luck with school man!
You all have influenced my life so much.  You guys are amazing people.  All of you Christians!  I hope one day to return to Utah to visit everyone.  I hope we all remain in contact as well.  You guys have helped me a lot in the last year.  If there's anything I can do that is in my powers, please let me know!  Love you all! Happy New Years!


No comments:

Post a Comment