14.9.10

lalala


Dear Nin Nin and Yei Yei                                                                        September 7, 2010

             Hi! How are you guys doing? Well like I promised, here are some pictures of Christina’s dinner and Yei Yei’s surprise birthday party.  I gave dad a DVD of ALL the pictures to give to you..I’m not sure if he gave them to you yet.  If not, let me know, and I will give you another copy.  Anyways, How are you guys doing?  Are you traveling anytime soon? How was the trip to Korea? 
              I never got to talk to you guys about our Korea trip or thank Yei Yei for all his hard work, dedication, and hero-like actions fifty years ago.  Thanks to you guys, my sisters and I were able to experience a once in a life-time journey to South Korea.  During our one week stay, we were able to meet new people from all over the world.  Not only were there grandchildren from the U.S, but also from countries like Switzerland, France, Japan, Korea, United Kingdom, and Canada.  We were all able to travel freely around cities like Seoul and Busan.  During the trip, I learned a lot about the Korean economy, war history, and culture.  We were able to visit an elder village to gain knowledge on the living conditions during the late 19th and early 20th century.  We were also able to watch a show called FantaStick (drums, violin, and piano show), travel to Busan via Bullet train, and live on a college campus in Korea for a day.  The trip was all paid for thanks to the Korean government and your hard military work.  I never acknowledge Yei Yei’s military experience until now, and must say I am very proud to be your grandson.  Before the Korean trip, I was honestly not too excited to go.  But that all changed during the trip, and am glad to have been given the opportunity.  I thank you guys both for your honorable sacrifices.  I will never forget them!  I would also like to hear your stories of the Korean War sometime Yei Yei. 
             Anyways, I just wanted to write and say hello and thanks!  It was really good to see you for dim sum over Spring break and the birthday parties in S.F this summer.  I will try my best to see you guys over the breaks I have visiting Sacramento.  As for me, it has been a very busy and stressful year.  I have literally not had a break since last year.  This year I have taken Winter Session 2009, Spring session 2010, Summer School session 1 and Summer School session 2 2010, and Fall semester 2010.  I think I have had a total of three weeks of free time this year.  The Fall semester 2010 (Now), I am enrolled in seven classes.  I am taking two criminal justice, two communications, two business, and one government classes.  I hope to graduate after this semester.  I think by the end of this year, I will have earned 54 credits from this year alone!   Alongside of school this year, I have been able to travel to Washington D.C, New York, Florida (Disney World), Denver, Lake Tahoe, San Francisco, Sacramento, and Korea.  Hopefully in the fall, I will be able to visit friends in North Carolina, Boston, and New Jersey. 
             All in all, it has been a busy year.  I hope you guys are doing well while you maintain healthy traveling lives.  I hope to maintain the hard work I’ve been striving on while living an enjoyable life.  I have many thanks and appreciation to you two as well as the rest of the relatives in my life.  Your son and my father, has made a very impacted difference in my life.  If you guys ever come to the East Coast this year, please let me know so I can visit!  I miss you both very much!
Love always,

No comments:

Post a Comment