21.9.09

More Sports!

"Let's go Red Socks Lets go."



I heard the second home to the Boston Redsocks was in Baltimore. I didn't believe it. I should've though, cause I finally experienced it. The Orioles were hosting the Redsocks, and you bet, I was there. Red and Blue shirts filled the stands, maybe 5 for every single black or orange shirt for the Orioles. That was only the beginning. During the game, with every strike out from Lester, or every hit by a Sock, came clapping and cheers. When the baseball themes came on, guess what you heard. "Let's go RedSocks lets go!" And when we sang the old Baseball theme song from Jack Norworth in the middle of the 7th, "Take me out to the Ball Game," guess what you heard at the Camden Yards. "Let me root, root, root for the RedSocks."So I guess the media was right, there is another Fenway Park, not in Boston. My, how that would make the Orioles feel bad. Give these guys a break, they have the worst record in their Division, and their home isn't exactly home when hosting the Redsocks. The second game of the series on Saturday, September 19th, was probably the best out of the three. The First game of the series, the Redsocks beat the Orioles 3-1. And the last game, The Redsocks led 7-0 before finishing 9-5.

The second game however was closer...well at least the first 6 innings. Lester surrendered a couple home runs, making the game a tight one. The Orioles actually led 1-0 and 3-2. But that would be it. The RedSocks did some damage in the second inning, takinga 2-1 lead. After trailing 3-2, the 6th inning is where the Orioles allowed two consecutive home runs. My were the Red Socks a sight to see. It's amazed me the most how a single bad night of personal problems, could lead to such an amazing experienced event. On top of the good game, the tickets I had were in the second level behind third base, which isn't too bad for a late reservation seating. And on top of the top of that, The section was "All you can eat" the whole game. Yes. Free hot dogs, popcorn, soda, peanuts, nachos, and ice cream sandwiches. All in all, the game was well worth the 55 bucks and drive.


Could you believe the 49ers are 2-0? Yeah, I wanted them to make it. But they actually are. They defeated the 2008 Western NFC Champions and runner up Superbowl players. But here the All-Run, no Gun, 49er's beat them, fair and square, 20-16 on their first season game. I was lucky enough to see the final 5 minutes thanks to Fox and the late - game running. If it weren't that, I'd probably only read the highlights. The second game, which was yesterday, was even better. I wasn't lucky this time, but I did see the highlights thanks to NFL.Com. And I was able to see Frank Gore for two 79+ runs against the Seattle Seahawks. I guess they were trying to make up for first game's rushing stats. Frank Gore was actually in the Washington Post as this weeks best performance. So apparently, San Francisco is back on the map (for now) at 2-0, where they will next face Brett Favre and the Vikings. I think this game will be a real test, as we'll be able to see where they stand...I knew this way before, but man I love Patrick Willis and the defense.

On more NFL updates, the Jets backed up their talk against Tom Brady aka MVP, and the Patriots. Unfortunately for my Boy Brady, he suffered his first loss since 2007... or was it 6? I dont' remember exactly. And the "local teams" won as well. The Redskins (not a huge fan) won 9-7 against the Rams, and the Ravens (bigger fan) beat out San Diego. The Bills won with T.O (amazing), and the Cowboys lost their Stadium opener on a last second Field goal by the Giants. The Vikings won with A.P rushing less than 100 yards...Saints scored 40+ points again to start 2-0. Jay Cutler got out of his funk, and helped the Bears win this weekend. Surprising losses: The Pats, The Steelers, The Cowboys, and the Titans (2-0).

No comments:

Post a Comment