6.3.12

I thought High school was over.

I stand here with tears down my face,
Thoughts cross my mind, And emotions pouring of my heart.
Every single time I let someone in, Another person walks out.
I told myself I was beautiful in every different kind of way.
Individuals are all attractive in some way beyond the physical.
I told myself I was good enough for anyone, and if that one person ever had the chance, I would give it my all.
The one that matters deserves my best, anything less will crumble.
I told myself, Social Media can be in your life, but never let my life be Social Media.
The moment you stress over one topic, one post, one picture, it will all come down.
I told myself, feelings are only feelings that other people felt. They are beyond my control. You wouldn't want someone who liked someone else, so why would you force something.
I told myself, Everyone is different; Rich, Poor, Funny, Dull, Stupid, Intelligent, Bright, Dark, disturbed, Friendly, Mean. Accept it.
I told myself, there are those who are lead, others who follow, and some who support.
Never hate on anyone because they're mindless.
I told myself, we each have our own goals and our own dreams.
We all do things for reasons beyond anyone's understanding.
I told myself, Never question the feeling people feel,
If they are here beside me, it's because they want to be.

I told myself not to fondle over the little things,
You know, those things I am not in control of.
The little things that eat away at people,
Like termites under a house, chopping.
It's one of those things where you have to look beyond the small things
And look at the bigger picture.
Why stress over little things that are out of your control,
Things you have the inability to change.
We all do things for certain reasons,
Whether we were raised, or we were taught,
It's our job to do what we do,
It's nobody else's responsibility to understand why.
I told myself not to stress over the little things
Because it has no help whatsoever.
I told myself, everything that happens happens for a reason.
Whether we accept it or ponder it,
It has no use by us thinking all about it.
There will always be disagreements, differences, and dilemmas,
And it's up to us to decide what is important and what is miniscule.
It is up to us to be mature, realizing what matters and what doesn't.
It is up to us to accept what has been earned and what has been taken.
It is up to us, to move beyond the immature stages of life.
I told myself in the end, I won't let these small things kill me.
But I don't understand, why are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment